Thursday, December 15, 2011

A fitting start

Today is day one of my blog. Fun stuff. I thought it only fitting to mention how absolutely crazy today has been, leaving out some of the gory details of course.
So, I started out this week fully convinced that I was going to work hard to finish finals early on in the week. Hard intense study had ensued on Friday and Saturday in preparation of three straight days of two finals a day.
Monday hit, two tests were successful.
Tuesday, ditto... until... I got news that my dear brother, whom I still love dearly, had crashed his car and it was no longer available for our convenience for our upcoming trip home for the  holiday season. Some plans changed around, and I found a friend of a friend who could drive an acquaintance of mine to the airport early Thursday morning who was going to ride with us.
Tests and studying all Wednesday (including a 5 hour Chemistry test in the most uncomfortable auditorium). Have Dinner with an amazing roommate who deserves so much more than I can give her.

Find out through some means that we are going to rent a car through Avis the next morning and plan on leaving Thursday morning around 9 am. So, I crazily pack for the trip and clean my apartment.

Thursday morning hits. Lloyd is running late because his friend, our ride, woke up late. Then a couple our adventure of transferring money, walking around, and stress ended in us not being able to rent a car. So... I do some phone calls and online searching (for plane tickets, bus prices, other car rentals, etc.) ending in a hopeless outlook on life.
Until....! I received an amazing prompting to call a great girl in my home stake, Chelsea (love her). I asked her plans for getting home, and turns out she is being driven home by her grandmother who lives near Salt Lake City.
Had a tea party with Kenzie, and Shayli while watching City of Ember. Ate dinner with Matthew Viglione, and visited Nichole, Patty, Elise, Liz, Katie, and Marcos.
Got home. The furnace still smelled like it was burning something, turned it off, called the manager. Had a tea party with her son. She fixed it :)
In the end... a crazy, unproductive, hectic, stressful, monster of a day turned out alright and a few successes overcame the mess and you know... this is a superb world to live in.

I have a family which I love so dearly, roommates who bless me everyday, and a Savior who knows what I feel.

Life is good. It is A SUBERB WORLD.

1 comment:

Its in the small things...... said...

i don't know who this roommate it but she is sure lucky to have you in her life. Thats all that she needs and yet does not deserve. you are wonderful!