So, here I am once again.
Putting off that thing we call "homework" or "studying" or "learning". But, you know I had to sit here for just a moment and share how absolutely blessed I am. My Father in Heaven loves me way more than I deserve, and you know what? So, do my roommates, friends, family, and pretty much everyone else too. They are so wonderful to me all the time and no matter what I do and no matter what I am going through they are there for me.
So, this if for you! You wonderful people. You people who are so service oriented that you think nothing of yourselves so you can better be a servant to others around you. I admire you and I want to be like you so much. I'm working toward it.
About two weeks ago, we had the most adorable man from the high council come and speak to us during Sacrament Meeting. He spoke some powerful words that hit me in the heart area. He spoke about service and the times we live in. He said, "We need to be a stable platform for others, so they may always come back to you for strength and for security in this harsh, ever-changing world." I am striving to be that type of person.
He also talked about being prepared and understanding how much of an important role each of us plays in His plan and our time here on the earth. "We are to be tested and stretched. If you have not had any trials or obstacles I might say that this time of mortality is not fulfilling its purpose."
One thing he also mentioned was a lady's funeral which he had attended. This lady's family that spoke in her memory spoke of "the Dash" which is the time between the day we are born and the day we die. Thinking about "the Dash" I wonder to myself:
What have I accomplished?
What do I have hope for?
Who have I helped?
Who have I neglected to help?
How have I lived my life this far?
And through it all, I realize that yes, I do have a little ways to go in life and no one is perfect, but why would I wait for that time to get nearer for me to be the person I know I desire to be from the very bottom of my soul. In closing he said, "You already know who you are and what you are capable of." This means so much to me. Sometimes I doubt my abilities and my strengths. Sometimes I even doubt that I can get the few things done that I need to in my day. But, then I remember all the other people who don't have things going as well as I do, and then I remember how blessed I am.
1 comment:
You are wonderful
Post a Comment