Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows

So there I was. Spring was coming for real this time, even though it was still chilly outside and occasionally it would freeze overnight. I could tell it was creeping around the corner. Everywhere I turned trees were budding and leaves starting to poke their little heads out. It was very obvious that Spring was here with a light shower a few nights ago with some heavy winds. But you know, sometimes you have to wait for the best things in life.

All the same, this is a very good parallel to what is going on in my life right now too and not just the seasons. I have been working hard all semester, getting ready for the moment coming up: getting ready for the new moment around the corner. Great things are happening, happiness abounding, some showers and some hard times too. But you know, I am waiting for some of the best things in life.

This seems to be a recurring theme for me lately: Wait and see, it'll all work out in the end, just wait it out... Well, you know what? I'm done waiting it out. I'm going out there, and I'm going to make life what I want it to be. Sure it will all work out in the end, because something indeed will happen in the end. I want to make decisions based on what I want to do and what I feel like. So it will now start turning in a direction because I led it that way. My life is mine, and I'm going to live it to the best of my ability.

So here is to my cold that decided to creep around the corner this morning: Go away Sickness! You are not wanted.
Here is to my slightly-less-than-being-myself self as of lately: Stop it, get out of your rut and go back to being yourself. Your roommates don't deserve your complaints or the laziness, and the world wants your smile back. "You already know who you are and what you are capable of."
And here is to my friends and those who I see randomly or daily: Thank You, and keep it up. You inspire me, you lift me up, and you make my day worth every moment just to make you smile and to see your face.
To my Savior and to my Heavenly Father: Thank You as well. I couldn't do any of it without you. You are the reason I live and the reason I live for.

My family is coming to visit me and Lloyd here this weekend, and you can ask any one of my roommates how excited I am. They will surely tell you that I have been bouncing off the walls since I saw my family last in January. I love them so much and they really do mean the world to me. At some point in my life I won't be able to see them as often as I do now, which seems like I will never get to see them since I hardly see them at the moment. This makes me sad, but at the same time scared and excited to turn a new leaf in life, so to say in the Spring analogy.

So, I guess through all the rambling, I am trying to say:

Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows,
Everything that's wonderful is what I feel when we're together,
Brighter than a lucky penny,
When you're near the rain cloud disappears, dear,
And I feel so fine just to know that you are mine.

1 comment: